Monday, December 9, 2019

Day 2 - December 9, 2019

Day Two - First Reflection


Do We Find Joy In Our Relationship with God?


Behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid…" (Matthew 1.20)

Am I close to God, or do I have trouble seeing God in my life?
Do I try to convince God through prayer to give me what I want?
Can I enter into a relationship with God, trusting that God can work through me?

The spirit of the Lord shall rest upon you; a spirit of wisdom and understanding, a spirit of counsel and of strength…. (Isaiah 11.2)

Can I be sure in my trust in God?
Can I embrace the joy of the Holy Spirit within me while also carrying the troubles in my life at this moment?
Do I remember to call upon and give thanks and praise to God, who is the source and sustainer of my life?

Conclusion
In what way(s) could I grow or change in my relationship to God this Advent?

Advent Prayer

We thank you and praise you, Word-Made-Flesh,
for your presence within us, around us, and through us;
for making our world a hallowed, holy place,
for giving a human touch to grace.
Fill our hearts with joy as we enter into the celebration of your birth,
as we welcome you once again,
and as we joyfully await your final coming in glory!
Amen.
Adapted from Joyfully We Wait--An Advent Examination of Conscience.
Copyright by Twenty Third Publications.
Used with Permission

No comments:

Post a Comment