Friday, December 13, 2019

Day 6 - December 13, 2019


Day Six - Fifth Reflection


Do we joyfully care for God's creation?


The desert and the parched land will exult; the steppe will rejoice and bloom.  They will bloom with abundant flowers, and rejoice with joyful song. (Isaiah 35.1-2)

What can I do in my life to remember that I am standing on holy ground, that the elements of earth, air and water are great gifts that need good stewardship--the responsible care of all who live on the earth.

The Lord's are the earth and its fullness; the world and those who dwell in it.  For he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the rivers. (Psalm 24.1-2)

Do I base my purchases on the principles of basic responsibility to the earth, such as
--the vehicle I drive?
--the products I use?
--the amount of recyclable materials I use?
--the quantity I acquire?

Crowned with everlasting joy; they will meet with joy and gladness, sorrow and mourning will flee. (Isaiah 35.10)

Do I pay attention to the well-being of all with whom I share the earth?
Am I aware of the sustainability needed to keep a harmonic balance in all of nature?
Do I support public policies which encourage and enforce sustainable stewardship of natural resources?

Conclusion
In what way(s) could I improve my care for God's creation this Advent?

Advent Prayer

We thank you and praise you, Word-Made-Flesh,
for your presence within us, around us, and through us;
for making our world a hallowed, holy place,
for giving a human touch to grace.
Fill our hearts with joy as we enter into the celebration of your birth,
as we welcome you once again,
and as we joyfully await your final coming in glory!
Amen.
Adapted from Joyfully We Wait--An Advent Examination of Conscience.
Copyright by Twenty Third Publications.
Used with Permission

No comments:

Post a Comment